Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth New Zealand 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Rain
Admin
Admin

Pageantology Points : 2886
Pageantology Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth New Zealand 2013   Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:57 pm

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth New Zealand 2013, Nela Zisser.

Pageantology: Tell us something about yourself.

Nela: Hello! My name is Nela Zisser and I am proudly representing my beautiful country New Zealand in Miss Earth 2013. I love animals and that's one reason why I'm so passionate about the earth, it's not just our home but home to innocent animals who are affected by our actions on a daily basis.

Pageantology: How do you feel being selected to represent your country in the upcoming Miss Earth 2013 pageant?

Nela: I feel so honoured that I've been chosen to represent New Zealand. I'm so lucky to live in a country with such clean air and fresh water. From our amazing mountains to our beautiful beaches I believe New Zealand is a truly one of a kind place.

Pageantology: What are the things that encouraged you to join this pageant?

Nela: Joining this pageant has allowed me to get a message out there, a message for mother nature as she cannot speak for herself. She needs our help and has to be heard. I want to be an ambassador for her, she is our only home and we need to take care of her like she's taken care of us.

Pageantology: What are the sacrifices you have made for this pageant?

Nela: As this is an important journey in my life, I have put university and my training for the police academy on hold. I have devoted all my time to preparing for this pageant and what I have given up doesn't nearly amount all the knowledge and experience I will gain during this time.

Pageantology: What relevance do beauty pageants have in today's world?

Nela: "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" To different people beauty pageants mean different things. To me it means having a platform, a way of being able to be heard. Not only to be beautiful on the outside but also on the inside. Being intelligent and thoughtful for our environment and those around us is far more attractive than an outer appearance in my eyes.

Pageantology: What do you say to those who think that beauty pageants only exploit the image of women?

Nela: I'd like to tell them to research different beauty pageants and their causes, purposes and their contributions to charity and the environment before they make that judgment. Not only do beauty pageants celebrate physical beauty but also intellectual beauty and the good we can do for those around us and the place ourselves and many species call home.

Pageantology: What are the biggest problems facing the world in 21st century? Why?

Nela: Our biggest problems we face during the 21st century is greed and wasteful behaviour. We need to learn as a planet how to live and thrive in a sustainable world. Not only for our benefit but for our children, their children and so on. They shouldn't have to suffer because we couldn't look after our home. We need to take responsibility for our actions while there's still time to turn it all around.

Pageantology: What is your philosophy or value that you hold dearest in life?

Nela: I believe we know one thing for certain and that's nothing, as a philosopher who I admire very much named Socrates would say “The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” and “There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.” We need to always be open to learning but to understand that everything we learn can be challenged and isn't always certain. Every step we take helps us in this journey we call life.

Pageantology: How would you like to be remembered?

Nela: How I'm remembered isn't important to me, it's the words I speak that are and whether I can make one person think differently or a thousand people, either way it'll be a success to me.

Pageantology: A closing message to the people of the Earth.

Nela: Before you can help the world, you must help yourself. By making an effort, you encourage other people to do the same. If we all did this, the world would be a better place. Not only for us but for those who are yet to enter it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pageantology.net

Pageantology's interview with Miss Earth New Zealand 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1