An interview with Kirsty Heslewood, Miss World England 2013

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admin Rain
Admin
Admin

Pageantology Points : 2886
Pageantology Reputation : 18

PostSubject: An interview with Kirsty Heslewood, Miss World England 2013   Mon Sep 02, 2013 5:41 pm

Pageantology's interview with Ms. Kirsty Heslewood, Miss World England 2013.

Pageantology: Can you tell us who Kirsty Heslewood really is?

Kirsty: I am a normal, down to earth girl, who enjoys spending time with family and friends. I'm honest, happy, a little crazy sometimes,brave, ambitious, strong but most of all caring. I care for other people a lot, and I believe it's these qualities that have brought me to the Miss World competition.

Pageantology: How do you feel being crowned Miss World England 2013?

Kirsty: I am incredibly proud and honoured to be representing my country England this year at the Miss World competition. I still can't believe I won my title and it seems like a dream come true after 3 years of hard work and confidence building. I never would have thought I would achieve something so big, therefore I am very proud of myself and so excited for the forthcoming year.

Pageantology: When you were a little girl, did you you ever pretend you were a beauty queen?

Kirsty: I used to watch Miss World on the television when I was younger and used to think "I wish I could do that", but never once thought I would be able to as my shyness was a huge barrier. I used to have selective mutism as a child, which is when you're too scared and shy to speak, and it caused a few issues growing up at school. Therefore for me, I feel I have personally had to overcome many obstacles that people aren't aware of, and almost pretend that I'm not scared anymore. I feel I now know how to overcome any fears, and that is to face them. I'd love to be a role model to people that suffer with selective mutism, and show that you can achieve your goals and dreams.

Pageantology: Tell us what are the three most important things that you will bring to Indonesia for Miss World 2013?

Kirsty: I will bring my humour, love and hard work. I want to be the best person I can possibly be, and want to show my qualities to everyone I meet. I am so excited.

Pageantology: Who is your favorite Miss World 2013 contestant so far?

Kirsty: I don't have a favourite as of yet, however I know they are all incredibly beautiful inside and outside, hardworking, intelligent and great role models, and I'm incredibly honoured to meet them, and share this once in a lifetime experience with them.

Pageantology: What are the sacrifices you have made for this pageant (Miss World)?

Kirsty: I had to give up work to come to Miss World, however I am incredibly lucky to have been given this opportunity to go to the competition so it doesn't really seem like a sacrifice. I will also say that I haven't seen my friends in a while as I have been so busy preparing for the competition, but I know they are all supporting me and cheering for me, so I am very grateful to have so many wonderful friends.

Pageantology: What do you say to those who think that beauty pageants only exploit the image of women?

Kirsty: I believe they don't understand the great work that pageants do for not only the individuals that take part but also for communities, charities and people in need. The 'beauty with a purpose' charity has raised millions of pounds for people who are suffering all around the world. The competition is looking for someone who is beautiful on the inside, someone who cares for others and is willing to give up lots of time and work very hard to help other people.

Not only that, but the competition also makes life long friendships, builds confidence, are great fun, and gives opportunity and a platform for other goals and achievements in life.

Pageantology: If you had the powers to end something in the world, what would that be?

Kirsty: Poverty. There are so many people struggling to survive all over the world, and it just makes me feel incredibly lucky and grateful that I have been given the life I have. I wish I could help those that are suffering, and offer them food and shelter.

Pageantology: What is your philosophy or value that you hold dearest in life?

Kirsty: I feel that you should be comfortable and confident as the person you are. Never compare yourself to others and believe you are beautiful, no matter what any one else says, and once you have conquered that, no one or anything can stop you being the best person you can possibly be. Be the best version of you.

Pageantology: Your message to your fans?

Kirsty: I would like to say thank you so much for your kind words and support. I wouldn't be here without you and I am so grateful for this opportunity. Thank you!

Thank you Ms. Kirsty Heslewood, Miss World England 2013. We wish you all the best in the future. Vote for her in the Pageantology.net - Miss World 2013 People's Choice Award by clicking the Main Page button on the menu.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.pageantology.net

An interview with Kirsty Heslewood, Miss World England 2013
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1